Monday, February 16, 2009

Serengeti

The basement looked dingy, gave car for valet parking and headed towards lift. Although the lift made weird sounds we reached 3rd floor safely. Having heard a lot about this restaurant I was quite curious to visit the place but the route to the restaurant wasn't exciting. I looked around and there I spotted the board - Serengeti.

The theme of the restaurant is based on rain forests. But when I looked up on net for Serengeti region in Africa, found that it is not exactly a rain forest region!!! Serengeti actually means - endless plain. You can know more about it here.

Coming back to the restaurant, it is situated in Total Mall, Madiwala, Bangalore. I had been there on Valentine's day. The ambiance was perfect for a valentine dinner and I did not get to chose from menu as they had a set menu in place for that day.

Started off with a Litchi drink and then moved on to starters. Stuffed Aloo and Capsicum, cooked to perfection with a delicious filling followed by fried corn and fried rolls. Fried corn is something new which I never had anywhere before and it was very good. The sad part was there were too many starters.

Then the main course - Aloo palak and Kadai vegetable along with a basket of assorted Indian bread. Though I normally prefer Roti to Naan, I liked Naan very much. Roti was not upto the mark. The service was good and fast. We were already so full, we said no to rice and daal. Jumped directly to dessert which was one of my fav - hot gulab jamoon and vanilla ice-cream.

All in all it was a great restaurant with soothing ambiance, yummy food and a very good service.

I am looking forward for my next visit :-)

PS: Don't EVER order iced tea as it was nowhere close to iced tea

2 comments:

Aprameya said...

The title rekindled latent dreams of visiting Africa but that'a another story. Anyway, I think you should upload this on bangalore.burrp.com or one of the review sites. It would be helpful for others.

Sunil said...

Aprameya: Thanks, posted it on burrp.com